Lattice Strawberry Rhubarb Pie – a tart, yet sweet strawberry rhubarb filling with a hint of orange zest, and topped with a beautiful lattice crust. This pie is sure to impress your family and friends!
Believe it or not, this Strawberry Rhubarb Pie is the first one I’ve ever had.
I kid you not.
I have absolutely no idea why now, being in my middle 40’s I have never tasted one.
When I was a kid living in Illinois, there was this restaurant that was largely known for their pies, but for the life of me, I can’t remember…WAIT, I know it!! It was called Poppin’ Fresh Pies!! Woo HOO!! Go, Lynne!
- 2 cups peeled and sliced rhubarb
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Minute Tapioca
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup well-chilled Crisco Shortening
- 4 - 8 tablespoons ice water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Turnbinado sugar or sugar in the raw, for sprinkling