Tropical Cookies – a soft cookie made with crushed pineapple, coconut and chopped macadamia nuts. Put on your flip flops, grab a drink with an umbrella and with one bite of these cookies you’ll feel like you’re relaxing on the beach!
My parents took me to Hawaii when I was about 9 years old.
I have to say that it was a pretty amazing trip.
We stayed with my mother’s best friend and saw a lot of the famous sites on the island of Oahu.
We swam at Hanauma Bay,
saw the canoe pageant at the Polynesian Cultural Center,
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped Macadamia nuts