Baked Blueberry Waffles – homemade waffles filled with cream cheese and blueberries, topped with a brown sugar caramel sauce and baked. A breakfast so warm, delicious and full of delicious fruit that will leave your family begging for more!
Notice how there were no exclamation marks at the end of each of those sentences.
And yes, I know I’m now living in northern New Hampshire, only 1 1/2 hours south of the Canadian border, but I want to see the crocus, Lilly-of-the-Valley, and tulips come up!
I want to smell Spring!!
This was something we weren’t able to do while living in Phoenix because it seemed as though we rarely ever had a Spring.
Now I’m back east. Call me selfish, but I want ONE!
I’d love to do a face plant into that dish above. Oh, those blueberries!!
- And yes, I know I’m now living in northern New Hampshire, only 1 1/2 hours south of the Canadian border, but I want to see the crocus, Lilly-of-the-Valley, and tulips come up!
- Blueberries in the light of the early morning sun, saying, “good morning, Miss Lynne. How are you this fine Tuesday morning?”
- Ok, maybe not, but there are times when I do hear the food talking to me.
- JK. haha
- Just before going into the oven after the brown sugar sauce is poured on top. Yum!
- Just look at the layers of waffles and how the blueberries have burst and oozed during baking…sigh…
- These layers of goodness make for a very yummy breakfast.
- Baked Blueberry Waffles – serves 6-8
- 12 Buttermilk Waffles (I made a double batch and there were 4 extra)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups blueberries, plus more for garnish (I used 2 1/2 cups frozen and 1 cup fresh on the top before putting into the oven, plus some additional when serving)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter