Creamy Tomato Basil Soup – tomato soup with fresh carrots and celery made creamy with milk and heavy cream. Top it with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon and you have the perfect soup for a cold Fall day!
I was definitely in the mood to make soup for dinner.
As many of you may know if you follow 365 Days of Baking on Facebook, then you’re aware that I really didn’t make this soup last night, but that it was more like last week.
See, there’s a lapse in between the temporary vacation rental we were in and the rental home we’re moving into more permanently, so here we sit in a hotel for 5 days.
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 2 14 ounce cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 2 14 ounce cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk (I used whole)
- 1 1/2 cups (5 stalks) celery, diced fine
- 1 1/2 cups (about 5 medium) carrots, diced fine
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Crumbled cooked bacon for topping