It’s THAT time of the month!!
Yesiree, folks, it is the third Monday of the month and that can only mean ONE thing…..
The Secret Recipe Club is based on Secret Santa.
Y’all know what that is, right, that thing everyone does at Christmas where you’re given another person in the group to buy a present for, but you can’t let them know that you’re the one giving them the gift? It’s just like that, only everyone in your Group is assigned a different blogger for the month from which we are to chose a recipe to make and then post about on a particular reveal day. It is SO much fun and if you’re interested or even thinking about doing it, I highly suggest you check it out and look into joining us!
- Yesiree, folks, it is the third Monday of the month and that can only mean ONE thing…..
- For the month of February, I was assigned to a blog that I was somewhat familiar with, but hadn’t really explored. It is Denise’s blog,
- Creative Kitchen
- As I do every month, I had very difficult time deciding which recipe to chose. Denise has SO many wonderful recipes to choose from that I definitely added quite a few to my “must-make” list!
- The recipe I finally chose was Our Favorite Fluffy Pancakes. I am ALWAYS on the hunt for a great breakfast recipe whether it’s for pancakes or French Toast because we LOVE breakfast and often eat it for dinner, too!
- So, when I saw Denise’s recipe for the Fluffy Pancakes, it was just a given that I had to try it.
- I did make some changes to Denise’s recipe. I added blueberries along with lemon juice and some lemon zest for extra flavor. I used all-purpose flour instead of whole wheat because I didn’t have any, regular rolled oats instead of organic,buttermilk and regular, large eggs.
- The Fluffiest Lemon Blueberry Pancakes – makes about 18 1/4 cup size pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour (I followed Denise’s suggestion and just ground the oats in the food processor)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- zest of one lemon
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted plus additional for griddle or skillet
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries