It’s Tiiiiiiimmmmmeeeeee for….
THE SECRET RECIPE CLUB
(sorry folks, I can’t get those really neat Secret Recipe Club buttons to work today :-/ )
The Secret Recipe Club is a group based on Secret Santa. Our group leader is April of Angel’s Homestead, and our group C leader is Debbi of Debbi Does Dinner…Healthy & Low Calorie.
Have you played Secret Santa? Ok, well I guess you don’t “play” Secret Santa, it’s something you participate in, I suppose. Everyone who signs up is assigned a blog each month to “secretly stalk”. When we stalk this blog, we are looking for a recipe to make and then blog about on our assigned reveal day! It is a lot of fun getting to know fellow bloggers and seeing all of the different recipes they have created. It’s even more fun eating them (not the bloggers, silly, the FOOD we make from the recipes!! Sheesh!)!!
- THE SECRET RECIPE CLUB
- For the month of September, I was assigned the wonderful blog…
- Feast on the Cheap
- It is a blog by Mary Anne and Mariel. They are a beautiful mother-daughter team and have a wonderful website FILLED with fantastic recipes!! Mary Anne is a professional caterer and Mariel is a fledgling foodie. They have so very many recipes to choose from that I really had trouble deciding. There were the S’more Brownies, the Greek-Style Chicken Pita Wraps with Homemade Tzatziki, and the Butcher’s Bolognese.
- And oh, believe me, there were plenty more!
- Finally though, I decided on the Ultimate Egg Salad Sandwich. With a name like that, you know it’s got to be good!
- One thing I love about Feast on the Cheap is that the ladies tell you the approximate cost of how much each dish will be when you make it depending on how well stocked your pantry is. They want their recipes to be wallet-friendly and have a tab on their home page called Well Stocked where they list items that you should always have in your pantry.
- I’ve found by experience that it is much better to have these items on hand so that when you see a recipe for a dinner you want to make, you aren’t running to the store 4 different times in a day because you’re out of something.
- Yeah, I did that. No joke.
- So, stock up. It’s a very smart idea.
- I did make a few changes to their recipe which I’ll tell you about after.
- Ultimate Egg Salad Sandwich – serves 2-4
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- generous grind of fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 4 large pitas, sliced in half
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked crispy
- 2-3 cups lightly packed fresh spinach
- Oops, and I’m just realizing that I forgot the cucumber