It’s May and it’s the third Monday of the month!
Do you know what THAT means???!!!
Oh, you are SO smart!!
Yup! It’s the monthly post for…
The Secret Recipe Club is a great group of bloggers started by Amanda of Amanda’s Cookin’ just over a year ago. It is based on Secret Santa where you are assigned a blog in your group and you need to find a recipe that you would like to make and then post about it. The fun part is that we aren’t supposed to tell the blogger that we’ve been assigned to them until our reveal day. It is SO much fun!
- Oh, you are SO smart!!
- For the month of May, my blog assignment was Kelly’s blog,…
- The Pink Apron
- By day, Kelly is a “communication strategist and aspiring cook/baker/artisan cheesemaker by night”. She is one busy woman! Her “pie in the sky dream is to someday open a working artisan sheep’s milk cheese farm that is also a yoga and knitting retreat”. How AWESOME would that place be??!! Kelly, when you open it, I would love to make a reservation, but you’ll have to teach me yoga and how to knit first.
- Kelly has a wonderful selection of recipes on her blog, so I don’t think you’d have a problem finding something to make for dinner, breakfast or dessert. She even has a few recipes for the canines in our lives! Take a few moments to hop on over to visit Kelly and say hello ~ you’ll be very happy you did!
- Since I made Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream a few weeks ago, I decided when I saw this recipe on Kelly’s blog for Ridiculously Good Cake Batter Ice Cream, I knew I just had to try it out. I’ve been SO into the cake batter lately, it’s not funny. Now I need to find a way to use up the remainder of the stuff I used for this recipe. I don’t think that will be a problem though.
- This is never a flavor I get when we go out for ice cream because it’s usually too sweet for me, but I really wanted to try some homemade.
- The only change I made to Kelly’s recipe was that I used Butter Recipe Yellow cake mix instead of the white mix she had suggested only because I already had that in the cupboard.
- Cake Batter Ice Cream – makes about 1 quart
- 3 1/2 cups half & half
- 1 cup butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons colored sprinkles (or as we New Englanders call them, jimmies)