It’s been 5 days since I’ve posted??
I know I’ve been busy, but geez!!
- Monday and Wednesday were big baking days with a friend, Marlena of Bella Cakes. We baked cupcakes and cookies for 300 people!
- There were chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, and peanut butter and jelly cookies.
- For cupcakes, we made chocolate with Italian meringue buttercream, chocolate with peanut butter frosting, red velvet with cream cheese frosting, vanilla with coconut cream, and Boston cream.
- Everything was so delicious and I still have some leftover cupcakes in my freezer.
- And now it will be crazy busy this upcoming week. We have an awards ceremony for our daughter who will be graduating high school on Friday with family members arriving from Rhode Island and Massachusetts on Wednesday.
- It will be fun and we’re really looking forward to it. However, it will be bittersweet.
- I can’t believe our second baby will be graduating high school.
- Time has flown.
- And again, I’m not ready.
- I know that this really isn’t the season for Butternut Squash Risotto, and it would be better suited for a Fall dish, but ever since I made that Roasted Vegetable Chicken Lasagna, I’ve been completely hooked on eating roast butternut squash.
- It’s addicting. I mean REALLY addicting!!
- Like, I think I’m pregnant I’m craving it so much.
- Ok, no, I’m not pregnant. Just weird cravings.
- I found this recipe at Kate’s blog, Centsational Girl, and immediately knew I needed to make it seeing as how I can’t get enough of risotto now either.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto – serves 6
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)