Yes, those grilled sandwiches have become QUITE popular mainly because they’re so very delicious and because I don’t have a panini maker at home, I didn’t think I’d be able to make one.
- Yes, those grilled sandwiches have become QUITE popular mainly because they’re so very delicious and because I don’t have a panini maker at home, I didn’t think I’d be able to make one.
- No, this is not a plug for that wonderful kitchen appliance, but I have to tell you that I really do love that thing.
- My mother-in-law gave it to me a few years ago for Christmas after I saw the girls at my old job using it and decided I had to have one.
- That thing is probably one of the best appliances I have in my kitchen AND I’ve really only been using it to cook chicken because it cooks it in like, ready for this, 5-7 minutes!!!!
- SSSOOOO wonderful when you need a healthy dinner made quickly.
- Yesterday while searching for a Pasta Fagioli recipe, I had the craving for a tomato, basil, and mozzarella panini. So, skip the soup for now, we’re going with the sangwitch!
- I adapted this from Epicurious.com.
- Prosciutto, Mozzarella, Tomato, Basil Panini – serves 4
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 very thin slices of prosciutto
- 12 slices of tomato
- 16 thin slices of red onion
- 10 ounces whole-milk mozzarella, sliced thin (get the good stuff!)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, divided equally among the 4 sandwiches