Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars – cheesecake bars covered with cinnamon-spiced apples, a streusel topping and drizzled with sweet caramel. The PERFECT dessert for Fall!
It’s that time again!!!
Time for our monthly Secret Recipe Club reveal!! So exciting!!
The Secret Recipe Club was started by none other than Amanda of Amanda’s Cookin’. And our wonderful hostess of group C is Angela of Big Bear’s Wife.
The Secret Recipe Club is like Secret Santa. Each blogger is assigned another blog in their group and we then choose a recipe to make and share. It’s awesome because we are able to make new friends and try wonderful new recipes! But the best part is that we are not supposed to tell the blogger that we are secretly stalking them until we share our recipes with everyone on reveal day. It’s so exciting!
We took the month of January off which was probably a good thing so that we could all get back to a sense of normalcy from the holidays. And now the month of February is upon us with today being Group C’s reveal.
Drum roll, please as I present to you…
- Drum roll, please as I present to you…
- This blog was started by Danielle, who is a Health Coach and Lifestyle Motivator. I really like what she says about our lifestyle and diet and I believe it to be very true,
- “Ditch your diet. End your obsession with calories and fat grams. Don’t count another carb. Throw away those lists of “bad” and “good” foods. Stop restricting and you will start living. Focus on increasing your consumption of real food (fruits, vegetables, quality grains, complete proteins) and water and you will naturally decrease the amount of low nutrient processed foods you might be eating.”
- I have done this in an effort to shed a few pounds before the 365 is over and I have to tell you that because I’ve been putting healthier foods into my body and have significantly cut back on the processed foods, I physically feel better and now when I do my stomach just doesn’t feel right.
- For instance, ice cream, I used to have a pretty good size bowl of it before, but now a couple spoonfuls will satisfy me. I NEVER thought THAT would happen!
- One recipe that I found on Delicious Existence was for Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars.
- I am such a sucker for caramel apples and since after this recipe made me a lover of cheesecake, I couldn’t pass this recipe up!
- I did make some substitutions because her’s is a vegan recipe, so go there if you’re interested in that version.
- They were graham cracker crumbs and flour for Namaste Biscuits, Pie Crust & More, granulated sugar for Turbinado sugar, butter for coconut oil, an egg instead of the egg replacer, and cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in place of the apple pie spice.
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars – makes an 8 X 8-inch dish
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cheesecake Filling
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Apple Layer
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Streusel Topping
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Caramel Drizzle
- 12 individually wrapped caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream