Day 339 which is really supposed to be dated Saturday, February 11.
The 365 family (or at least the 4 who reside here now) were going on a hike up north on Saturday.
- After our planned hike, we were driving to meet our eldest daughter to take her out to dinner since we would be somewhat in her proximity. That meant we probably wouldn’t be getting back home until about 9 pm or so.
- Needless to say, at that time of night, I was NOT going to be baking something. Just even forget about the fact that I wasn’t going to have any natural light with which to take my pictures.
- So, I got myself out of bed around 6 am, finished baking the meatballs I had stuck in the fridge from the night before and perused the internet for something that I could both bake and take on the hike with us.
- Two browning bananas on the counter were my focus.
- Banana Chips
- Blech. No. I HATE the banana chips that come in trail mixes and are in those bulk bins at the stores.
- Ooh, I don’t want to make those!
- As it is, I can only eat a banana plain or in banana bread. Alright, in banana cake it’s really yummy, too.
- But put it into a smoothie, or on a banana split and I don’t want any part of it.
- Weird, I know.
- What can I say.
- Well, if I make these banana chips, I don’t have to eat them.
- Oh yeah, wait a minute, I do.
- I at least have to have one because I have to rate it.
- Oh, cripes! This is going to be like Fear Factor for me – I’m going to have to gag it down just to give it a rolling pin rating.
- “Yeah, I give it 4 rolling pins (heck, they never have to know that I choked on the thing and then gave it a rating!).”
- Don’t worry, being dishonest is NOT something I want to be here on 365. I am tasting EACH and EVERY thing that I make so that you can have an honest review to base your opinion on, even if it is that Indian Pudding we all couldn’t stand and wanted to give a big fat 0.
- So, I made them anyway
- Recipe adapted from Home Made Simple.
- Banana Chips– made 33 chips
- 2 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Cinnamon for sprinkling