Every month I participate in The Secret Recipe Club. It is a club that was started by Amanda of Amanda’s Cookin’ and the leader of my group is Angela of Big Bear’s Wife.
The idea behind The Secret Recipe Club is much like Secret Santa.
Now I know you know what THAT is because it’s that time of year!
Each food blogger who chooses to participate that month in their group is assigned another wonderful food blog.
It’s great because we get to “stalk” in a friendly way, of course, our assigned blog.
We get to know the author, search through wonderful recipes and choose one that we want to recreate for our exciting Reveal Day.
And TODAY”S the DAY!!!
- We get to know the author, search through wonderful recipes and choose one that we want to recreate for our exciting Reveal Day.
- This recipe I chose for this month was especially challenging in the fact that, well, I’ll tell you after the recipe.
- This month, I was assigned to….(drumroll)…Chellie’s blog,
- Art From My Table!!!
- And the recipe I picked was Chellie’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- I did make a couple of changes to it: I used super chunky peanut butter instead of creamy because that was what I had on hand, substituted the dark brown sugar for the light brown because I mistakenly picked up the wrong container, and used (whoops!) 1/2 teaspoon salt instead of 1/4 teaspoon.
- I need to pay more attention when I’m reading recipes and not become distracted by the tv shows my kids are watching! I fished some salt out of the bowl, so I think in the end there may have been just a little more than 1/4 teaspoon, but we’re good.
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – makes about 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup super chunky (with peanuts) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips