I saw these cookies on the internet when I Googled “Christmas Cookies” and I knew I just had to make them.
They are just WAY too cute!!
- If I had little kid, they’d be all over them, but my teenagers liked them, too.
- I used a different peanut butter cookie recipe and other things, but they came out just as cute.
- I’m sure the kids in your life will love these, too!
- This peanut butter cookie recipe is one that we like the best here at 365 and it came from my New Doubleday Cookbook, p.843; authors, Jean Anderson and Elaine Hanna; publisher, Doubleday, a division of Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group, Inc., an imprint of Random house, Inc.; ISBN 0-385-19577-X.
- Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies – makes about 73 (6 dozen)
- I only made about 1/3 of the batch reindeer and the rest I left plain because I ran out of chocolate covered pretzels.
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- chocolate covered pretzels
- cinnamon red hots
- semi-sweet chocolate morsels