It’s pumpkin time again!
Yes, this is another recipe with those big orange things.
But THIS one…
is not like the Pumpkin Candy Corn Cookies.
- Yes, this is another recipe with those big orange things.
- Oh, I think I need to make more of that. Soon.
- And no, it isn’t the Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Tartlets either. That was some decadent dessert, and I don’t even like cheesecake!
- No, this…this stuff that we had for dinner was a recipe you definitely need to consider making.
- There I go, giving my review away before the recipe.
- Alright! I’m done!
- Then we’ll talk.
- Stuffed Pumpkins – serves 4-5
- 3 small pie pumpkins (about 4 lbs. each)
- 1 lb. bulk sausage
- 1/3 lb. bacon (I used about 6 strips of Center Cut)
- 1 6 oz. package of Stove Top Stuffing Cornbread Mix
- or 3 cups cubed cornbread
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley (flat-leaf)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Using a serrated knife, cut the tops off of the pumpkins and scrape the insides clean, removing seeds and making sure to remove all of the stringy innards.