As a very fortunate SAHM (stay at home mom), I’m able to be quite productive in the mornings after both kids leave for school, getting laundry done, dishes, cleaning, yada, yada, yada.
And sometimes I even exercise or at least I was motivated to today and that’s 1/2 the battle, isn’t it?
Because I really haven’t done anything in quite some time.
So, this morning, I’m workout ready – dressed, all set up in front of the tv, got my water, have the P90X dvd in and I hit that play button.
The phone rings.
“I have an errand I need to run and I’d like to take my beautiful wife to lunch.”
After 5 years of dating and 21 years of marriage, this man still makes my heart melt!
Funny how the only two words I heard were “beautiful wife”.
“I have to go out and want to take you to lunch. Be here at my office in an hour.”
Wouldn’t it figure, the one day I actually want to exercise.
- So, this morning, I’m workout ready – dressed, all set up in front of the tv, got my water, have the P90X dvd in and I hit that play button.
- We discussed various things and then he dubbed himself, “Asshole with an edge”, saying he wanted that as his epitaph.
- If you know him, you know how perfectly fitting it is.
- He’s always been one to go against the grain, shall we say, and sometimes has a tendency to agitate others.
- I cannot tell you how many times I have just shaken my head at his antics or rolled my eyes thinking, “why, oh why?”.
- We laughed about it and he said he pictures his funeral with all of us around telling stories and trying to one-up the other with “I’ve got a story about when he did this…”.
- And yes, there will be a lot of those, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Because he still makes me melt.
- This is adapted from allrecipes.com.
- Basil Baked Salmon – serves 4
- 1 1 lb. salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped